Cultivate faith and devotion to the Three Jewels and to your teacher. Strive in the *ten virtues and combine clear intelligence with extensive learning. Nurture a sense of personal integrity and propriety regarding others. With these seven sublime riches, you will always be happy!
~ Dudjom Jigdral Yeshe Dorje
Just Dharma Quotes
*Ten positive actions or ten virtues are the positive counterparts of the ten unwholesome actions which are:
- to renounce killing, and instead protect life
- to renounce taking what is not given, and instead practise generosity
- to renounce sexual misconduct, and instead follow the rules of discipline
- to renounce lying, and instead tell the truth
- to give up sowing discord, and instead reconcile disputes
- to abandon harsh speech, and instead speak pleasantly
- to renounce worthless chatter, and instead recite prayers
- to renounce covetousness, and instead learn to be generous
- to give up wishing harm on others, and instead cultivate the desire to help them
- to put an end to wrong views, and instead establish in yourself the true and authentic view
You must be logged in to post a comment.